2010 – 2015 PhD Information and Communication Technology, DA-IICT, Gandhinagar Thesis: Novel approaches for spectral unmixing of hyperspectral data 2006 – 2008 M. Tech. Communication Systems, SVNIT, Surat Dissertation: Registration of satellite image data for meteorological applications @ SAC (ISRO), Department of Space, Government of India, Ahmedabad. 1997 – 2000 B. E. Electronic & Communications, GEC, Modasa Project: Decision support system for GIS @ BISAG (formerly, RESECO), DST – Gujarat, Gandhinagar.
- Google Scholar
- SPIE page
- Deep learning for Medical imaging/ Remote sensing/ Defense
- Interpretability of deep neural networks
- Computer vision
Nov 2015 – now Assistant Professor, IIIT, Vadodara (Gandhinagar campus) June 2014 – Nov 2015 Faculty Associate, IIIT, Vadodara (Gandhinagar campus) Jan 2010 – May 2014 Post-graduate Teaching Assistant, DAIICT, Gandhinagar June-Dec 2009 Assistant Professor, Nirma University, Ahmedabad June 2008-2009 Assistant Professor, BIT, Vadodara June 2005-06 Sr. Lecturer & I/C Head (EC), BIT, Vadodara July 2001 – May 2005 Lecturer, CCET, Wadhwan city Feb 2001 – June 2001 Faculty, C-DAC Computers, Surendranagar Aug 2000 – Jan 2001 Technical Support Engineer, Apex Automation, Ahmedabad
Selected Recent Publications
1. Jignesh S. Bhatt and M. V, Joshi, “Unmixing Approaches in Hyperspectral Remote Sensing”, CRC Press, USA (Accepted and to be published in 2020).
2. Jignesh S. Bhatt and M. V. Joshi, “Regularization in Hyperspectral Unmixing”, Spotlight Author Series in Digital Photography, SPIE Press, USA, 2016 http://spie.org/publications/Book/2264037?origin_id
1. Swati Rai, Jignesh S. Bhatt, and S. K. Patra, ”Deep Learning in Medical Image Analysis: Recent Models and Explainability.” In Explainable AI in Healthcare: Unboxing Machine Learning for Biomedicine, (Eds.) Mehul S Raval, Mohendra Roy, Tolga Kaya, and Rupal Kapdi, CRC Press (USA), 2023 (in-press).
2. Jay Thakkar, J. S. Bhatt, and S. K. Patra, “Self-supervised Learning for Medical Image Restoration: Investigation and Finding”, International Conference on Machine Intelligence and Signal Processing (MISP 2022), Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering (LNEE), 2022 (in press).
3. Vijay Deshpande, J. S. Bhatt, “Bayesian Deep Learning for Deformable Medical Image Registration”, In: Deka B., Maji P., Mitra S., Bhattacharyya D., Bora P., Pal S. (eds) Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence. PReMI 2019. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11942. Springer, Cham
4. Uday Kiran Challa, Pavankumar Yellamraju, J. S. Bhatt, “A Multi-class Deep All-CNN for Detection of Diabetic Retinopathy Using Retinal Fundus Images”, In: Deka B., Maji P., Mitra S., Bhattacharyya D., Bora P., Pal S. (eds) Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence. PReMI 2019. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11941. Springer, Cham
5. M. S. Raval, Vaibhav Joshi, and J. S. Bhatt, “Securing biometrics using data hiding techniques”, in “Cryptographic and information security approaches for images and videos”, CRC Press, Nov. 2018 https://www.routledge.com/Cryptographic-and-Information-Security-Approaches-for-Images-and-Videos/Ramakrishnan/p/book/9781138563841
Vijayashekhar SS, Vijay Deshpande, and J. S. Bhatt, “A Practical Approach for Hyperspectral Unmixing using Deep Learning”, in IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters (Impact factor 3.966), vol. 19, pp. 1-5, 2022, Art no. 5511505, doi: 10.1109/LGRS.2021.3127075. Vijayashekhar S S and J. S. Bhatt, “A blind spectral unmixing in wavelet domain”, in IEEE Journal of Selected Topics Applied Earth Observations Remote Sensing (Impact factor 3.784), vol. 14, pp. 10287-10302, 2021. S. Rai, J. S. Bhatt and S. K. Patra, “Augmented Noise Learning Framework for Enhancing Medical Image Denoising,” in IEEE Access (Impact factor 3.367), vol. 9, pp. 117153-117168, 2021, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3106707. J. S. Bhatt and N. Padmanabhan, “Image Registration for Meteorological Applications: Development of a Generalized Software for Sensor Data Registration at ISRO,” in IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Magazine (Impact factor 9.659), vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 23-37, Dec. 2020, doi: 10.1109/MGRS.2019.2949382. Vijayashekhar SS, J. S. Bhatt, and B. Chattopadhyay, “Virtual dimensionality of hyperspectral data: Use of multiple hypothesis testing for controlling Type I error,” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, (Impact factor 3.827) , vol. 13, pp. 2974 – 2985, 2020. Jignesh Patel, M. V. Joshi, and Jignesh S. Bhatt, “Abundance Estimation using Discontinuity Preserving and Sparsity-induced Priors”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing (Impact factor 3.392), vol. 12, issue 7, pp. 2148-2158, 2019. Jignesh S. Bhatt, M. V. Joshi, and M. S. Raval, “A data-driven stochastic approach for unmixing hyperspectral data”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing (Impact factor 3.026), Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 1936-1946, 2014.
- (UG/PG) Topics in Deep Learning
- (PG) Probability, Statistics, and Random Processes
A short list of courses taught
- (UG/PG) Machine Learning
- (UG/PG) Computer Vision
- IEEE Transactions on Geoscience & Remote Sensing
- IEEE Transactions on Computational Imaging
- IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing
- IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Magazine
- SPIE Journal of Applied Remote Sensing
- Taylor & Francis International Journal of Remote Sensing
- Taylor & Francis Remote Sensing Letters
- Life Member, ISTE
- Associate Member, AMIE (IEI)