Some Lesser Known Facts About Vikram Prabhu
- Vikram Prabhu is an Indian actor who predominantly works in Tamil language films. He is best known for being the son of veteran Tamil actor Prabhu Ganesan.
- According to Vikram Prabhu, soon after completing his formal education in San Diego, he returned to India in Chennai and began helping his family film production house Sivaji Productions in the making of the film Chandramukhi in 2005.
- In 2012, he made his acting debut with the film Kumki as Bomman, a Mahout. The film was directed by Prabhu Solomon and produced by N. Linguswamy. The film was based on elephants. For the picturization of this film, the director of the film advised Vikram Prabhu to get himself accustomed to the animals and sent Vikram to an elephant training camp in Ottapalam in Kerala. Soon after the release of the film in December 2012, it was a commercial success and was acclaimed by critics for its screening and plot. Reportedly, it was considered one of the biggest films of the year. Several critics penned notes about the performance of Vikram in the movie. One critic cited,
Prabhu excels in the “intensely emotional scenes in the climax”, while that “he is also at ease portraying angst, gratitude and rage.”
Another critic praised his physique, which perfectly matched his role in the film. The critic mentioned,
“his physique is a major plus”, giving the verdict that he “is expected to carry on the Ganesan family lineage” in film.”
- During the same year, in 2012, Vikram Prabhu was working on another film titled Sattam Oru Iruttarai, which was a remake of the 1981 film with the same name. In 2012, this film was directed by Sneha, and in 1981, its original version was directed by Vijay. In this film, he played the character of an angry young man who fights against the legal system because he thinks that the legal system has some flaws in it. This film started its production in May 2012; however, the Kumki director Prabhu Solomon urged Vikram Prabhu to reshot the climax of the film Kumki. Consequently, Vikram chose to complete the climax of Kumki and left Sattam Oru Iruttarai at that time. A long delay led the producers of Sattam Oru Iruttarai to replace Vikram Prabhu with a newcomer Thaman Kumar.
- In 2013, Vikram Prabhu appeared in an action thriller film Ivan Veramathiri, which was directed by M. Saravanan. In this film, Vikram portrayed the role of a student. The other cast of the film includes Vamsi Krishna and Ganesh Venkatraman. In December 2013, soon after the release of the film, Vikram’s performance in the film earned positive reviews. A critic cited Vikram’s heroic image. Critic cited,
Vikram Prabhu “is convincing as an action hero, especially in the raw and realistic climax fight scene, but has to work on his dance a bit more.”
- In 2014, Vikram worked in the action thriller film Arima Nambi. The film was directed by Anand Shankar, who was an assistant director of A. R. Murugadoss.
- At the end of 2014, he appeared in the film Sigaram Thodu, which was directed by Gaurav. This film was a family action entertainer, and Vikram appeared in two distinct looks in the film. The other cast of the film includes Sathyaraj and Monal Gajjar.
- In 2014, he appeared in three films and his third release of the year was Vellaikaara Durai, which was directed by Ezhil and was released on 25 December 2014. Vikram was cast in the film alongside Sridivya. The film was a hit.
- In 2015, Vikram Prabhu appeared in the Tamil film Idhu Enna Maayam, which was a romantic comedy film. This film was directed by A. L. Vijay. In one of the reviews on Rediff.com, Vikram’s looks in the movie were regarded as awkward; however, his performance earned him a good score. According to the review,
Despite his good performance, actor Vikram Prabhu looks extremely awkward and out of place as a college student.”
- Vikram Prabhu established his own production house titled “First Artist” in July 2016. In the same year, he appeared in the film Wagah. According to a film critic, Vikram performed intensely in the film, which protected many poorly written dialogues of the films. It described,
Vikram Prabhu is earnest in the film and tries hard to rise above a muddled script and poorly written dialogues.”
- In 2016, he was cast in the film Veera Sivaji. In 2017, he worked in the gangster thriller film Sathriyan, which earned him huge popularity for his acting skills. According to a critic, Vikram Prabhu is perfect for playing the role of an angry man in films. Critic stated in a media interview,
Vikram Prabhu is perfect as the angry young man. His body language and dialogue deliver aptly suit his characterization, easily Sathriyan is his comeback film as an actor.”
- In 2017, Vikram Prabhu began producing Tamil language films under his own production house. His debut movie as a producer was Neruppu Da (2017).
- In 2018, Vikram Prabhu appeared in a comedy role in his movie Pakka in which he played a dual role. The other cast of the film includes Nikki Galrani as a lead actress and Bindu Madhavi as a supporting actress. In the same year, he appeared in the films 60 Vayadu Maaniram (2018) and the action thriller Thuppakki Munai (2018).
- In 2020, Vikram Prabhu worked with the veteran Tamil actors R. Sarathkumar and Raadhika in the film Vaanam Kottatum, which was directed by Dhana Sekaran. The film was co-produced and co-written by Mani Ratnam. In the same year, his heist thriller film Asuraguru was ranked below average at the box office.
- Vikram Prabhu’s wife Lakshmi Ujjaini is the daughter of an Indian Industrialist M. Madhivanan. Vikram Prabhu’s father, Prabhu Ganesan is a noted Tamil actor. Prabhu Ganesan got married to Punitha in 1982 and had two children. According to some media sources, Prabhu Ganesan started living in a live-in relationship with the well-known Tamil actress Khushbu, when he was still married to Punitha. Prabhu Ganesan got married to Khushbu on 12 September 1993, and Prabhu Ganesan got legally divorced from Punitha after four months. Vikram Prabhu’s sister is an entrepreneur in the USA and is the owner of a baking concern called Meltz Desertz, which bakes and serves cakes for home delivery.
- Vikram Prabhu remains very active on various social media platforms. He has over 2.5 million followers on Twitter.